Kerela Fish Molee
It is a famous fish curry from Kerala (South India). The word molee literally means stew…
- ½ kg Fish
- 1½ cup Coconut Milk
- 2 tbs Coconut Oil for shallow frying
- 15-20 Curry Leaves
- 2-3 Green Chills (chopped)
- 1½ Cup Onion (chopped)
- 1 Tomato (chopped)
- 1 inch Ginger (chopped)
- 5-6 Garlic Cloves (chopped)
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- ½ tsp Black Pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- Clean the fish and mix it with black pepper powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt and lemon juice. Keep aside for about 30 min.
- Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry the fish till nearly done. Keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan, fry onions till translucent, add ginger, garlic and fry for a min.
- Add tomato, curry leaves, green chilli and fry for another min.
- Add coconut milk and cook for about 10 min.
- Add fish pieces and cook till done.
- Serve hot.