Bread, Marshmallows and Jam Pudding
Caramelised marshmallows with strawberry jam create a very pretty look for this sweet and luscious dessert…
- 1 Loaf Sandwich/White Bread slices
- 1 cup Strawberry Jam
- 4 nos. Eggs
- ½ cup Breakfast (Castor) Sugar
- 2½ cup Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 15 pc Marshmallows
- 6 tbs Melted unsalted Butter
- 1 tablespoon Castor Sugar (for soaking syrup)
- Fresh Strawberries for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 18 degrees Celsius.
- Butter a glass baking dish.
- Arrange half of the bread slices along the bottom of the dish, along with the marshmallows and cut or tear the slices to fit.Spread ¾ cup of the jam on top and cover with the remaining bread.
- Whisk the eggs, sugar, 2½ cups of the milk, and the vanilla together; pour over the bread. Press to soak and brush the top with 4 tablespoons of the melted butter.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking for 15 minutes longer or until the pudding is set. Remove from the oven.
- In a bowl, whisk the remaining 1 tablespoon of milk with the confectioners’ sugar. Stir in the remaining melted butter and jam until the mixture is smooth.
- Spread the mixture over the top of the pudding, place in the oven and bake until the glaze is golden.